Dr. Nizewitz and Dr. Lake's office is one of most preeminent Sports Eye Injury Prevention Centers in New York! As such, we are endorsed by both Prevent Blindness America and The Coalition to Prevent Sports Eye Injuries for our efforts. The following are important true statements to remember when dealing with Sports Eye Injury Prevention.
- More than 600,000 eye injuries related to sports and recreation occur each year.
- Every 13 minutes a person with a sports related eye injury visits an emergency room.
- More than 90% of all eye injuries can be prevented with the use of appropriate protective eyewear.
We offer Protective Sports Eyewear that has:
- An adjustable strap
- A frame made out of high impact nylon
- Soft material that allows the temple to bow/flex thereby acting as an extension of the strap-providing comfort and tightly hug the face during play.
- Polycarbonate lenses which meets the ASTM F803 standards.
We now have new styles and designs, so we can look good while we play!